Vivo details and costing from VWSA

The affordable, new entry level Volkswagen is here. The Polo Vivo will set new benchmarks in its category for affordability, quality, safety, space and comfort. Available in hatch and sedan, the Polo Vivo is driven by the desire to make motoring accessible to more South Africans. The Polo Vivo is a car that truly captures the can-do spirit of the nation for which it was designed. So much to celebrate.

Volkswagen has developed a cost of ownership promise for the Polo Vivo based on three cornerstones, “own”, “insure” and “maintain”.

Let’s take a closer look.

First of all the Polo Vivo represents great value for money at its recommended retail price. It is spacious and uncompromising on safety and comfort features. With 70% local parts content, the Polo Vivo costs less to build and parts are also more affordable and readily available. And it is produced to international quality standards with all the build integrity and quality of components you would expect from Volkswagen. Which also means that, like all Volkswagens, you can expect the Polo Vivo to retain a higher than industry average residual value.

Residual value (the resale value of the vehicle expressed as a percentage of its original price) is an often overlooked and critical influencer on cost of ownership. With the Polo Vivo you can expect the car to hold its value better and when you sell your car you will get more back for your car thus reducing your total cost of ownership over the lifetime of the vehicle. As a Citi Golf owner the same applies to you. According to the reputable TransUnion industry guide, Citi Golf is the leading brand in its segment with a better residual value over an extended period of time. So there is never a better time than now to upgrade to a Polo Vivo. Make contact with your Volkswagen Dealer to get the best deal from Volkswagen Financial Services and ensure you get much more car for your money.

Volkswagensure is approved and backed by Volkswagen and provides complete peace of mind with monthly insurance premiums to suit your lifestyle and your pocket. Highly competitive insurance premiums contribute to a further reduction in vehicle cost of ownership, making access to a Polo Vivo that much easier. Speak to your Volkswagen Dealer about Volkswagensure today to confirm the low premiums available on the Polo Vivo. We invite you to compare your current Citi Golf insurance premium to that of the Polo Vivo.

Volkswagen has offered affordable mobility to South Africans for over 60 years. The Polo Vivo is a car produced in South Africa, for the South African market, utilizing local parts suppliers making it more affordable to maintain. Service, maintenance and crash parts have been price benchmarked with the latest Kinsey Parts Survey to offer leading value in the entry segment of the market. And with 105 Dealers nationwide, you will have all the support and accessibility of Volkswagen’s highly trained and experienced Dealer Network.

Through Volkswagen’s unique cost of ownership promise, based on “own”, “insure” and “maintain”, we are able to introduce the Polo Vivo as an incredibly affordable motoring package.

And the good news is that the Polo Vivo has a better total cost of ownership when compared to the Citi Golf. While the legendary Citi Golf has been discontinued, we thought it prudent to highlight the amazing affordability of the Polo Vivo by providing a cost of ownership comparison between the entry-level Citi Golf, the 1.4 Tenaciti, and the entry-level 2-door and 4-door Polo Vivo hatch models.

Citi Tenaciti 1.4 Polo Vivo 1.4 (2-door) Polo Vivo 1.4 (4-door)
Purchase price R 84,700 R 101,500 R 109,900
No. of instalments 60 60 60
Interest rate * (Prime plus 1.5%) 11.5% 11.5% 11.5%
Deposit (10%) R 8,470 R 10,150 R 10,990
Balloon Payment (38%) R 32,186 R 38,570 R 41,762
Monthly instalments R 1,277 R 1,530 R 1,657
As a new model, Polo Vivo is expected to hold an even better residual value than the impressive one of Citi Golf. If this is considered in the overall cost of ownership, it would mean an even bigger saving for you.
* Advertised offer is based on a Linked rate, excludes initiation fee, monthly service fee of R57, any dealer fees and credit insurance required in accordance with the NCA. All finance offers subject to credit approval from Volkswagen Financial Services. A division of WesBank. A division of the FirstRand Bank Ltd. An authorized Financial Services Provider. NCRCP20. Information subject to change without notice.
Insurance (Rpm) R 1,448* R 931** R 975**
* Average monthly insurance premium for a 25 year old male living in the Sandton area with a low excess (average monthly premium calculated across South Africa’s major motor insurers).

** Monthly insurance premium for a 25 year old male living in the Sandton area with a low excess through Volkswagensure (A division of Volkswagen Financial Services).

Total cost of ownership (Rpm) R 2,725 R 2,461 R 2,632
Total cost R 117,281 R 140,544 R 152,175

The Polo Vivo does not only offer amazing affordability, but features improvements under the bonnet too. The proven and reliable 1.4 and 1.6 engine range offers several advantages in terms of torque, fuel consumption and CO2 emissions. The table below compares the Polo Vivo 1.4 and 1.6 petrol engines against the Citi Golf.

MODEL RANGE
Polo Vivo 1.4 55kW 1.4 63kW 1.6 77kW
Power (kW@rpm) 55 @ 5000 63 @ 5000 77 @ 5250
Torque (Nm@rpm) 132 @ 3600 132 @ 3600 155 @ 3500
Valves 16 16 16
Fuel Consumption (l/100km) 6.2 6.2 6.6
CO2 Emissions (g/km) 147 147 156
Citi Golf 1.4 55kW 1.4 62kW 1.6 74kW
Power (kW@rpm) 55 @ 5000 62 @ 5500 74 @ 5400
Torque (Nm@rpm) 117 @ 3500 124 @ 4400 140 @ 4400
Valves 8 8 8
Fuel Consumption (l/100km) 7.4 7.6 7.8
CO2 Emissions (g/km) 176 179 181

Whilst the Citi Golf is no longer manufactured in South Africa, it remains a vehicle in high demand by South African drivers and has therefore maintained its trade in value very well. There has never been a better time to trade in your Citi for a Polo Vivo that offers outstanding value for money.

You might also like

34 Comments

1. Vincent says

I love polo vivo its very nice car and reliable.
    I would like to own one, l earn R6320.000 per month,do l qualify for it?

2. nonku says

Hi

I earn R6500 per month do i qualify for the Polo vivo? i stay in Pietermarizburg KZN which garage can you recomend if im interested to buy

3. Vdub Editor says

not sure, best to visit http://www.vw.co.za and you can find their finance numbers there.

4. Moshidi Mnisi says

good day my name is Moshidi

I eanr 12600 per month and i would like to own a polo vivo do I qualify

5. walter says

i would love to buy a brand new polo vivo 1.4 without the deposit, so how will it cost for the instalment, for the period of five years also for six years qoutation please.

6. Mahlatse says

7. Unathi says

I would love to buy a brand new polo vivo 1.4(2 door),I earn R10000 and I have a deposit for R30000.Do I qualify and what will my monthly installment be?

8. John says

Hi

i earn R5600 i want polo vivo, i want to know if i qualify to get the car?

9. thulani says

Hi

Im earning 6000 pm and im looking to buy a polo vivo 1.4(2 door for a period of 5years with no deposit. Also six years qoutation please. Do i qualify?

10. sophie says

hi
    I have a deposit of 20000 and would like to a polo vivo without paying the baloon payment. What will my monthly installment be?

11. Luckys says

I love my vw polo vivo car,
    I would like to own one, l earn R7500 per month, plus 1200 monthly allowed , do l qualify for it?

12. kemo says

my name is kemo, i earn 5000 per month and would like to own a new polo vivo. do i qualify? how much deposit will i have to pay as well as monthly instalments and insurance.

13. Rhulani Ndlhovu says

I earn 7,878.79 a month i am newly employed and would like to own a new polo vivo and do not have a deposit do i qualify? How much will the monthly installments and insurance cost?

14. mpho says

hi! i am a newly employed 26 years old lady i earn +- 7.000 after deduction, so how much will my monthly installment be without a deposit?

15. Palesa says

Hi I am a 24 year old lady, earn 6800 after deduction, what will my montlhy instalments with insurance and without deposit be?

16. Justice says

Hi my name is justice i earn 7500 would like to drive polo vivo 1.4 flashy red in colour,do i qualify for it

17. Mandla says

Hi my name is Mandla and i earn 7000 ,would like to drive this vivo silver in colour,so do i qualify?

18. justin says

I earn 8000 a month just started working do I quilify and how must would I pay amouth

19. Tshidi says

Hi,I earn R5999pm doi qualify to own polo vivo

20. Tshidi says

Hi, I earn R5999pm do I qualify to own a brand new polo vivo

21. Tiisetso says

Hi!I earn R8323 and would like to buy a polo vivo 1.4 and would like to know if I qualify and how much will my monthly installment be?

22. masilo says

Hi

I earn 5800 and would like to buy a new polo vivo. I want to know if I qualify

23. matome says

Hi am currently earning R7081 after all deductions would like to know if I quality to afford a polo vivo(blue) 1.4(4 door) without deposit.

24. Luntu says

Hi, I’m luntu and I would like to own a new polo vivo. I earn 9000 so I would like to know how much would be my monthly installment with no deposit for a period of 5 years?

25. Patrick says

Hi, I would like to own a new polo vivo. I earn 7000 so I would like to know how much would be my monthly installment with no deposit for a period of 5 years?

26. STHEMBILE says

HI EARN 5800 PER MONTH I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF EVER I QUALIFY FOR TOYOTA YARIS OR POLO VIVO

27. Lesego says

Am looking for polo vivi 1.4! Model 2011 or 2012 with red in colour

28. King mohale says

I earn R10,000 and i want a 1.4 polo not paying a deposit, how much will i pay per month and how long?

29. Shane says

I’m interested 2 the new p0l0 viv0 red 0r charc0al in c0l0ur with dark wind0ws and sun-r0of…..I’m permanently empl0yed I’m earning R5800+R500 all0wance I want 2 kn0w if I qualify 4 it and h0w much will I pay 4 the installments with n0 dep0sit

30. Musawenkosi says

Im a boy of 22 years with no installment in life, and im only earning R6000.0
    after dedactions so i need a car with no deposit Polo Vivo 1.4, im intrested and please consalt me guys if i do qualify

31. Sibusiso says

Hi I am 26 years old earning R6600 after deductions. I need a polo vivo 1.4 or 1.6 hatchback, without deposit over 60 months .I need to know if I qualify for it either one and how much monthly premiums are on both the vehicle. I’m permanently employed.

32. Keitumetse Goodman says

i earn R1700 from my parents plus my stipend is R2500 would i qualify for a Polo Vivo 1.4 which cost R1699p.m?

33. tshepo says

Hi m looking for 2014 model polo 1.6 with sunroof. How much will it cost me with 0% deposit ?

34. jabulile says

Hi I would like to know am earning R5620 a month do I qualify for a polo 2006 1,6 and for how much monthly instalment